COLUMBUS, OH – The Columbus Regional Airport Authority is expecting its busiest spring break season since 2019, with travel volumes expected to reach near pre-pandemic levels at John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH) and the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal (LCK).
The latest available data indicates 2023 is off to a strong start with the first eight weeks representing 97% of 2019 enplanement levels. That trend is expected to continue through spring break and beyond.
Central Ohio schools and universities observe spring break at various times from late February through early April. Whether you’re traveling with children, on your first trip without parents, or you’re just looking to get away after a long winter, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make a parking plan by visiting FlyColumbus.com to view options including newly added spaces and expanded electric vehicle charging in the CMH garage. Treat yourself by having Vohnt car care service and detail your vehicle while you’re away. Or let our 24/7 Curbside Valet team take care of the parking.
- Download your airline’s mobile app to receive flight status updates. While your destination might be sunny and clear, weather in other parts of the nation can impact your flight. Check with your airline for up-to-date flight information.
- Start with empty bags when packing to avoid bringing any prohibited items through security. Nationwide, TSA is discovering increasing numbers of firearms, usually packed by accident. Passengers who attempt to bring a firearm through a checkpoint may be fined up to $15,000, charged with reckless trespass, lose eligibility for TSA PreCheck, and have the firearm seized. Find out what you can bring through security and find more TSA tips.
- Arrive early, at least 90 minutes before departure for domestic flights, or two hours for international flights. Give yourself time to enjoy restaurants and shops, including the recently opened Astor Park exchange located pre-security. Find more options and location hours at FlyColumbus.com.
- It’s never too soon to start planning your next trip! Columbus travelers now have access to 50 nonstop destinations from CMH and LCK, more than prior to the pandemic. Visit FlyColumbus.com for a complete list including several recently launched seasonal destinations.
For more information including frequently asked questions, visit FlyColumbus.com or follow us on social media for the latest information.