COLUMBUS, OH – Ahead of the busy Christmas travel period, the Columbus Regional Airport Authority is projecting nearly 180,000 scheduled airline seats departing from John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH) between Tuesday, December 20 and Monday, January 2.
|Busiest travel days
|Scheduled departing airline seats
|Thursday, Dec. 22
|Friday, Dec. 23
|Monday, Dec. 26
|Tuesday, Dec. 27
“We’re pleased to welcome travelers to John Glenn International as they embark on their journeys home for the holidays,” said Joseph R. Nardone, President & CEO of the Columbus Regional Airport Authority. “There’s never been a better time to fly with us, with continued enhancements to the airport experience, and 50 nonstop destinations to choose from.”
New at John Glenn International, passengers can take advantage of these services and amenities:
- The new Escape Lounge – The Centurion® Studio Partner is now open on Concourse B, allowing passengers to escape to a relaxing space before boarding their flight.
- Paw Force One, a team of certified therapy dogs and their handlers will be roaming the terminal to bring joy and stress relief to travelers. New this year, passengers can collect trading cards for each member of the Paw Force One team.
- Vohnt Car Care is available for passengers to have their vehicle detailed and serviced while away.
- Located pre-security at the center of the ticketing lobby, the brand new Astor Park exchange is now open, offering travel essentials, local gourmet and artisan products, local sports merchandise, as well as hats available for custom embroidery.
To prepare travelers, helpful tips from booking to boarding are available at FlyColumbus.com, including these reminders:
- Arrive early – at least 90 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights and two hours for international. Sign up for CLEAR to get through security quicker.
- Pack smart – visit TSA.gov to see what you can bring through security.
- Travel smart – download your airline’s mobile app to check in for your flight, download a mobile boarding pass, and get status updates.
- Visit FlyColumbus.com – to view parking information, check shop and restaurant hours, and start planning your next trip to one of 50 nonstop destinations.