|Busiest travel days
|Scheduled departing airline seats
|Thursday, December 21
|Friday, December 22
|Wednesday, December 27
|Thursday, January 2
COLUMBUS, OH – John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH) and the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal (LCK) are ready to welcome travelers during the festive weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year’s. Between Wednesday, December 20 and Tuesday, January 2, over 200,000 airline seats are scheduled to depart from CMH and LCK, an 11% increase from 2022.
“Our dedicated team is committed to delivering a seamless airport experience filled with the spirit of the season,” said Joseph R. Nardone, President & CEO of the Columbus Regional Airport Authority. “We invite passengers to let the festivities start here by arriving early to enjoy shops, restaurants and plenty of time to relax before boarding.”
At John Glenn International, travelers and visitors alike can enjoy musical performances throughout the terminal, snap selfies in front of a dazzling 16-foot-tall holiday tree, and find Paw Force One therapy dogs spreading holiday cheer. In addition to a variety of shops and restaurants, passengers can take advantage of free wi-fi and plenty of charging outlets.
Airport officials are reminding passengers to keep these tips in mind to make it a smooth travel experience:
- Make a parking plan – know your options before you get to the airport. Gift yourself first class parking with 24/7 Valet Parking.
- Arrive early – at least 90 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights and two hours for international.
- Make your packing list and check it twice – visit TSA.gov to see what you can bring through security.
- Limit time at the curb – help keep things moving by waiting to pick up passengers at the free cell phone lot.
- Be prepared for a winter wonderland – be sure to check the forecast for your destination to plan for any possible weather impacts.
- Give the gift of flying – there’s more to explore than ever before with 53 nonstop destinations available from CMH and LCK, the most in airport history. Visit FlyColumbus.com to view destinations and start planning your next getaway.
Passengers can visit FlyColumbus.com for parking information, shop and restaurant options, and everything else they need to know to prepare for their trip.