COLUMBUS, OH – For the first time since the start of the pandemic, summer air travel volumes are expected to surpass the record-breaking 2019 at John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH) and the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal (LCK).
The Columbus Regional Airport Authority (CRAA) is projecting around one million scheduled departing airline seats between June 1 – July 31, 2023 compared to 996,000 during the same time period in 2019. The busy Memorial Day weekend kicks things off with 15,200 average daily departing airline seats scheduled May 26 – 29, up 10% from 2022.
“Air travel remains in high demand as we anticipate one of our busiest summers yet,” said Joseph R. Nardone, President & CEO of CRAA. “Whether they’re departing for a familiar favorite or somewhere new, we look forward to welcoming passengers as they escape to one of the many destinations offered from our airports.”
Travelers have 50 nonstop destinations and 11 airlines to choose from, including these new and returning routes:
- New Breeze Airways seasonal service to Orange County, CA
- New Breeze Airways service to Raleigh, NC
- New Sun Country Airlines service to Minneapolis, MN
- Returning seasonal service to Myrtle Beach, SC via Southwest and Allegiant
As travelers plan their summer trips, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Treat yourself to VIP parking by letting our 24/7 Curbside Valet team handle it for you. For an extra level of luxury, you can add on detailing or maintenance service with Vohnt car care, which is also available to garage customers. Visit FlyColumbus.com to view more parking options.
- Download your airline’s app to access mobile boarding passes and up-to-date flight information.
- Start with empty bags when packing to avoid bringing any prohibited items through security. Find out what you can bring through security.
- Arrive early, at least 90 minutes before departure for domestic flights, or two hours for international flights.
- Let vacation begin at the airport by giving yourself extra time to enjoy restaurants and shops. Find locations and hours at FlyColumbus.com.
- It’s never too soon to start planning your next trip! Visit FlyColumbus.com for a complete list of nonstop destinations from CMH and LCK.