Flying can be a source of anxiety for some, including those with disabilities. The Journey Care Kit program at CMH helps alleviate some of those stressors.
The kits include sunflower-themed lanyards and wristbands, providing a discreet sign to airport staff that someone might like additional assistance or time when moving through the airport. This can be especially helpful with identifying and assisting travelers with hidden disabilities such as autism, chronic pain, dementia, anxiety or hearing impairment.
The Journey Care Kits also contain:
- Travel preparations checklist and helpful hints
- Cloth facial coverings
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH) bag tag
- Information on TSA Cares, a program that allows a traveler to pre-arrange to have a TSA officer assigned to assist them through the checkpoint screening process
- Choice between:
- CMH social story to help children with development disabilities, such as autism, prepare for the sights and sounds of travel
- OhioHealth Neurological Rehabilitation Wheels Up! Traveling with a Disability brochure with answers to frequently asked questions
To request a Journey Care Kit, email [email protected] 60 days before your schedule flight.