Help & Contact Us
Check out these FAQs for immediate answers to the most common questions.
View FAQs below
For domestic travel, no. However, the CDC does recommend travelers get tested 1-3 days before travel.
For international flights into the U.S., all travelers will need to produce a negative COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status) before boarding the plane. Effective June 12, 2022, pre-departure testing requirements will be lifted for international arrivals. This means, a negative COVID-19 test will no longer be required in order to travel into the United States.
- Some countries might require passengers to undergo testing before arriving on an international flight. Visit travel.state.gov for details on each country.
- Check with your airline for additional details and requirements surrounding international travel.
For full details on international travel, please view the most recent TSA directive.
No, we do not offer COVID-19 testing at John Glenn International or Rickenbacker. Please visit the Ohio Department of Health website for a listing of testing sites.
Rental cars can be picked up and dropped off at the new center located at 4106 International Gateway, Columbus, OH 43219.
4600 International Gateway, Columbus, Ohio 43219
Interviews are not available to the general public, though they are available at these Ohio locations.
- Interviews are available to travelers returning to Columbus on nonstop international flights. Follow the signage directing you to U.S. Customs & Border Protection officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. In addition to your entry document (e.g., your passport), you will need documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.
Travel within the U.S.
- The airlines and TSA require adult passengers 18 and over to show valid identification for domestic travel within the United States, such as a driver’s license, passport or one of these. (Note: new Real ID requirements effective May 23, 2023). While the TSA does not require ID for children under 18, some airlines have requirements for domestic travel by minors. Contact your airline for regarding requirements for minors.
Travel outside the U.S.
- Adults and children must have a passport when flying internationally.
TSA’s website has a list of permitted and prohibited items for carry-on and checked baggage.
For public records request information, please visit this document outlining the policy.
The John Glenn International Airport (CMH) is open 24 hours a day. Concourse A checkpoint, which serves Southwest, opens at 3:15 a.m. The other two checkpoints serving all other airlines open at 4 a.m. A checkpoint remains open until about 60 minutes prior to the last flight of the day departs from that specific concourse.
The hours for airline ticket counters vary depending on each airline’s flight schedule. Airlines suggest that you arrive 90 minutes before departure of domestic flights and two hours before international flights.
The Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK) terminal for Allegiant passengers opens two hours prior to each flight.
For domestic flights, airlines suggest that you arrive 90 minutes before departure; for international flights, plan to arrive two hours before departure.
Yes! Head to the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal located at 2241 John Circle Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43217. Learn more about Allegiant flights and the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal.
Click here to submit your request.
View job opportunities at Columbus Regional Airport Authority’s website.
For full details, please check out our helpful infographic.
The purple shuttles pick up and drop passengers off on the arrivals level of the terminal (no shuttles on the departure level), and at the front of the new rental car center.
You'll drop your rental car off at the rental car center. Follow the purple signs on International Gateway. Once the car is dropped off, head to the front doors of the rental car center and board a purple shuttle bus to the terminal to catch your flight!
We have a variety of restaurants and shops throughout the terminal and in each concourse. Check out what's available and hours of operation on our restaurants and shops page.
*Please note: hours of operation may vary depending on staffing and supply.
Shuttles to our parking lots and rental car center run 24/7. Please allow extra time during peak hours (early mornings and late evenings), as shuttle drivers work to get passengers where they need to go in a timely manner while also adhering to current health and safety protocols.
The shuttles depart the long-term parking lots (Red, Blue and Green) every 15-18 minutes, approximately.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614.239.5046 for employment verification. You must include the employee’s signature approval with your request.
Didn’t find the answer you need? We’re here to help. Contact us via email at CustomerService@ColumbusAirports.com.
*Please note: this email account is monitored Monday-Friday. For emergencies, please contact our Communication Center at 614.239.4029