Information for your next visit
The highest priority of the Columbus Regional Airport Authority is the health and safety of all who travel through and work at our airport facilities. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, now or in the future—we're ready when you are.
Travel With Confidence
Follow these tips to make your next air travel experience a healthy one.
- Before booking your trip, check for international travel advisories and destination-specific COVID-19 risk
- Refer to individual state, territorial, tribal and local government websites for domestic travel advisories and information about quarantine or other restrictions
Before you get to the airport
- Do not travel if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Familiarize yourself with new TSA guidelines
- Contact your airline for up-to-date travel info
- Check FlyColumbus.com to see what parking, dining and retail options are available
At the airport
- Once you arrive, start wearing your face covering, including on shuttle buses
- Stay six feet from others
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often
- Reduce contact using mobile options
- Use mobile boarding passes
- Register for ezPark for convenient, contactless entry and exit of all public parking facilities
- Mobile payments accepted at all CMH and LCK parking exits via Apple/Android/Samsung/Google Pay
- Mobile and chip reader payments accepted at many retail and dining businesses
Aboard the aircraft
- Wear your face covering, practice good sanitation, and maintain as much social distance as possible
Arrival at your destination
- Be aware that state, local, and territorial governments may have travel restrictions in place, including testing requirements, stay-at-home orders, and quarantine requirements upon arrival
- The State of Ohio advises those entering Ohio after travel to states reporting positive testing rates of 15% or higher to self-quarantine for 14 days
- Follow these CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of germs after you return
Measures Columbus Regional Airport Authority is taking:
- Face coverings are required in all areas of the airport and on shuttle buses
- Individuals may be asked to momentarily lower face coverings at TSA checkpoints for identity verification purposes
- Increased sanitization of high-touch areas, restrooms and shuttle buses including the use of self-drying disinfecting spray
- Plexiglass barriers in customer interaction areas
- Public-facing hand sanitizer stations
- Social distancing floor clings placed six feet apart in queue areas
- Touchless parking entry
- Socially-distant seating within the terminal and restaurants
- Educational messaging about tips for healthy travel on overhead announcements, terminal monitors and signage
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) available for purchase at John Glenn International news and gift shops
- PPE vending machines available at John Glenn International and Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal
John Glenn International has become the first facility in Columbus, and one of the first airports in the world, to earn a GBAC STAR facility accreditation! This is the cleaning industry’s gold standard for sanitization protocols. Learn more: https://bit.ly/3l7EIPG
Review some FAQs before your visit to John Glenn International or the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal
- Do I need a COVID-19 test to fly?
- For domestic travel, no. However, the CDC does recommend travelers get tested 1-3 days before travel.
- For international flights into the U.S., as of Jan. 26 passengers are required to provide proof to their airline of a negative viral test result within three days of their flight into the U.S.
- Some other countries also require passengers undergo testing before arriving on an international flight. Visit travel.state.gov for details on each country.
- Check with your airline for additional details and requirements surrounding international travel.
- Is COVID-19 testing available at the airport?
- No, we do not offer COVID-19 testing at John Glenn International or Rickenbacker. Click here for area testing sites.
- Are your parking lots and garage open?
- The Red Lot, Walking Lot and parking garage remain open. The Blue Lot and Green Lot are currently closed. Valet parking is also closed.
- Are any of your restaurants or shops open for food, beverages or travel essentials?
|Location||Tenants & Hours (hours may be modified based on demand)|
|Concourse A (Southwest Airlines)||
Donatos Pizza: open daily, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Saturdays (coffee and bar service available)
Starbucks: open daily from 5 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., except Saturday 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (for takeout only)
Vino Volo: open daily from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. except: Sundays 12 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
CNBC News Store: open daily, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
|Concourse B (American Airlines, Spirit Airlines and UnitedAirlines)||
Eddie George's Grille 27: open daily, 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (limited menu, coffee and bar service available)
Capital City Travelmart: open daily from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. with new offerings including cold sandwiches
Starbucks: open Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday from 5 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; open Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday from 5 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (takeout only)
Wolfgang Puck Express:
|Concourse C (Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines)||
Donatos: open Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed Tuesdays and Saturdays. (coffee and bar service available)
Columbus Marketplace: open daily from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., except for Tuesdays and Wednesdays open from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Charleys Philly Steaks: open Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (for takeout only, food court seating remains closed; coffee service available)
|Vending machines throughout airport||Vending machines remain stocked and operational, including Jeni's ice cream.|
Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal - Aviation Café at the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal is open to serve Allegiant passengers and opens two hours prior to flight time. Vending machines are still available for customers.