Information for your next visit
The highest priority of the Columbus Regional Airport Authority is the health and safety of all who travel through and work at our airport facilities. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, now or in the future—we're ready when you are.
Measures Columbus Regional Airport Authority is taking:
- All airport employees required to wear face coverings
- Customers are required to wear face coverings based on the July 3 City of Columbus executive order.
- Face coverings must be worn in all areas of the airport and on shuttle buses when you are within six feet of another person.
- Face coverings required by most airlines—check with your airline before arriving for your flight
- Individuals may be asked to momentarily lower face coverings at TSA checkpoints for identity verification purposes
- Increased sanitization of high-touch areas, restrooms and shuttle buses including the use of self-drying disinfecting spray
- Plexiglass barriers in customer interaction areas
- Public-facing hand sanitizer stations
- Social distancing floor clings placed six feet apart in queue areas
- Touchless parking entry
- Socially-distant seating within the terminal and restaurants
- Educational messaging about tips for healthy travel on overhead announcements, terminal monitors and signage
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) vending machines are now available at John Glenn International and the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal. The machines, located pre-security near each TSA security checkpoint, contain a variety of PPE, including face masks, hand sanitizer and more.
John Glenn International has become the first facility in Columbus, and one of the first airports in the world, to earn a GBAC STAR facility accreditation! This is the cleaning industry’s gold standard for sanitization protocols. Learn more: https://bit.ly/3l7EIPG
Passengers are also asked to do their part in protecting themselves and others. Measures passengers can take:
- Do not travel if you have any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms.
- Wear a face covering
- Stay six feet away from others
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Wash your hands often
- Use hand sanitizer
- Reduce contact using mobile options
- Use mobile boarding passes
- Mobile payments accepted at all CMH and LCK parking exits via Apple/Android/Samsung/Google Pay
- ezPark available for touchless entry and exit of all public parking facilities by registering in advance at FlyColumbus.com
- Mobile and chip reader payments accepted at many retail and dining businesses
- Familiarize yourself with new TSA guidelines before heading to the airport
- Check whether restrictions may be in place at your destination
Review some FAQs before your visit to John Glenn International or the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal
Are your parking lots and garage open?
- The Blue and Green Lots are currently closed. If your car is parked in the Blue or Green Lot, you can still exit as normal. Valet parking is also closed. The Red Lot, Walking Lot and parking garage remain open.
Are any of your restaurants or shops open for food, beverages or travel essentials?
|Location||Tenants & Hours (hours may be modified based on demand)|
The Scoreboard: open Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
|Concourse A (Southwest Airlines)||
Donatos Pizza: open daily, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (coffee and bar service available)
Chili's Too: open 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily (limited grill menu and bar service available)
CNBC News Store: open daily, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
|Concourse B (American Airlines, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines)||
Eddie George's Grille 27: open daily, 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (limited menu, coffee and bar service available)
Capital City Travelmart: open daily from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. with new offerings including cold sandwiches
Starbucks: open daily from 5 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for takeout only
|Concourse C (Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines)||Columbus Marketplace: open daily from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., except for Tuesdays and Wednesdays open from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.|
|Food Court||Charleys Philly Steaks: open daily for takeout only from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekends. Coffee service is available. The food court seating area remains closed.|
|Vending machines throughout airport||Vending machines remain stocked and operational, including Jeni's ice cream.|
Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal - Aviation Café at the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal is open to serve Allegiant passengers and opens two hours prior to flight time. Vending machines are still available for customers.
Will my airline cancel my flight?
- Airlines are currently focused on travel within the next 72 hours. Please check with your airline 72 hours before departure for the latest information, or contact them any time for reservation changes or other questions.
Is there a recommended quarantine period for incoming travelers?
- The State of Ohio is asking travelers arriving in Ohio from states with positive COVID-19 testing rates of 15% or higher to self-quarantine for 14 days. The travel advisory applies to Ohio residents and those who are traveling from other states. Click here to view the list of states, which is updated every Wednesday.