Our response to COVID-19
The highest priority of the Columbus Regional Airport Authority is the health and safety of all who travel through and work at our airport facilities. Read a special message from our President & CEO Joe Nardone about our response to the COVID-19 outbreak: https://bit.ly/2wWKLSw
Ohio is under a stay-at-home directive that started March 23 at 11:59 p.m. We are open and operational for essential travel. There are significant reductions in service. Please check with your airline for the latest information.
Do you have a trip planned in the coming weeks?
- Will John Glenn International or the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal close?
- The airport is considered an essential business. Our workers are on the front lines making sure the airport is clean and operational for the safety of the passengers.
- Will my airline cancel my flight?
- Airlines are currently focused on travel within the next 72 hours. Please check with your airline 72 hours before departure for the latest information, or contact them any time for reservation changes or other questions.
- Will airlines stop flying out of John Glenn International or the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal?
- Airlines are still operational at John Glenn International, except Air Canada. Allegiant is still operating flights from the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal. If that changes, the public will be notified through CMH social media and the website.
- Are your parking lots open?
- All lots except the Blue Lot are open.