Be Beyond Ready for your next trip
- Due to evolving demand, some restaurants and shops may have adjusted hours. See what’s open here.
- The Red Lot, Green Lot, Walking Lot and parking garage remain open. The Blue Lot and valet parking are currently closed. View more parking info here.
- The CDC updated its travel guidance for fully vaccinated people, recommending that fully vaccinated people can travel at low risk to themselves. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last dose of the vaccine. Read more here.
Healthy travel tips
- Before booking your trip, check for international travel advisories and destination-specific COVID-19 risk
- Refer to individual state, territorial, tribal and local government websites for domestic travel advisories and information about quarantine or other restrictions
- Follow CDC guidelines for domestic and international travel
Before you get to the airport
- Do not travel if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Familiarize yourself with new TSA guidelines
- Contact your airline for up-to-date travel info
- Check to see what parking, dining and retail options are available
- Consider packing extra masks, hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to use throughout your journey
At the airport
- Once you arrive, start wearing your face mask, including on shuttle buses
- Stay six feet from others
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often
- Reduce contact using mobile options
- Use mobile boarding passes
- Register for ezPark for convenient, contactless entry and exit of all public parking facilities
- Mobile payments accepted at all CMH and LCK parking exits via Apple/Android/Samsung/Google Pay
- Mobile and chip reader payments accepted at many retail and dining businesses
Aboard the aircraft
- Wear your face mask, practice good sanitation, and maintain as much social distance as possible
Arrival at your destination
- Be aware that state, local, and territorial governments may have travel restrictions in place, including testing requirements, stay-at-home orders, and quarantine requirements upon arrival
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet from anyone who is not traveling with you
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, and isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms
- Do I need a COVID-19 test to fly within the US?
- Fully vaccinated people can travel safely within the United States without getting tested, but should still follow all other travel recommendations.
- Unvaccinated travelers should get tested 1 to 3 days before domestic travel and again 3 to 5 days after travel, and self-quarantine for 7 days after travel or 10 days if they don't get tested at the conclusion of travel.
- Find CDC guidance on domestic travel here.
- Do I need a COVID-19 test to fly internationally?
- A negative COVID-19 test may be required by the international destination. Visit travel.state.gov for details on each country.
- A negative COVID-19 test is required before boarding all flights into the US.
- Check with your airline for additional details and requirements surrounding international travel.
- Find CDC guidance on international travel here.
- Is COVID-19 testing available at the airport?
- COVID-19 testing is not currently available at John Glenn International or Rickenbacker. Click here for area testing sites.
Our airports are Beyond Ready for you with new health and safety measures.
Make sure you’re Beyond Ready for your next trip with our travel checklist.