Make sure you're Beyond Ready the next time you fly
A year of cancelled trips and growing wanderlust has many people feeling ready to book that flight they’ve been dreaming of. Whether you’re still narrowing down your wish list or you’re in full-on planning mode, here are some things you can do now so you're beyond ready to travel later.
Before booking travel:
Find a destination:
While preparing for your trip:
- Sign up for ezPark
- Check your airline mileage accounts for any credits from trips cancelled in 2020
- Get your Real ID by May 3, 2023
- Register for, or renew, TSA PreCheck
- Make sure your passport is up-to-date, and download Mobile Passport to streamline your entry to the US
- Learn more about how to expedite the line at security, immigration and customs with Global Entry
Before you get to the airport:
- Perform a personal health assessment — don't travel if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Familiarize yourself with new TSA guidelines
- Contact your airline for up-to-date travel info
- Check to see what parking, dining and retail options are available at the airport
- Consider packing extra masks, hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to use throughout your journey
At the airport:
- Masks are now optional. If you feel more comfortable wearing one, please feel free to do so!
- Keep six feet of distance between yourself and others, as able, to cut down on physical contact
- Wash your hands and sanitize often
- Reduce contact using mobile options
Aboard the aircraft:
Arrival at your destination:
- Be aware of local, state and territory travel restrictions (including test requirements, stay-at-home orders and quarantine requirements)
- Keep distance from others not in your traveling party, as able, and frequently wash and sanitize your hands
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms — isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms
- Contact your airline if you run into any issues
- Tag your travel photos on social media using #FlyCMH so we can share in the excitement of your travels once again!
Our airports are Beyond Ready for you with new health and safety measures.
Heading to the airport? Head here first to make sure you're Beyond Ready to fly.