Terminal Modernization Program
The $80 million Port Columbus terminal modernization program is designed to create an exceptional travel experience for our valued customers. The renovated terminal will also position Port Columbus International Airport for future passenger activity and reinforce the airport’s $3.7 billion annual economic impact to the Columbus region.
Phased over several years with no significant impact to operations during construction, the terminal modernization program:
- Builds upon the functional characteristics of the existing 55-year-old terminal structure to look and operate like new
- Ensures the functional lifespan of the Port Columbus terminal for at least another 20 years
- Utilizes energy and environmentally-efficient materials
- Minimizes financial impact to airline partners by funding the program with capital reserves and Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs), which airlines already collect for airport improvements
|Port Columbus is in the final phase of terminal renovations. We anticipate celebrating a completely modernized airport facility in the spring of 2016! Here’s an update on our progress.|
Air Canada, American, United, and Vacation Express passengers get to enjoy the same modern amenities that Southwest and Delta passengers have been taking advantage of since Concourse A and C were completed in 2013 and 2014 respectively. New Concourse B gates were created and Port Columbus welcomed two new local restaurants, Bob Evans Express and Eddie George’s Grille 27, in space created during modernization. Final touches in Concourse B are expected in October.
|Skylights accentuate new ticket counters and terrazzo flooring in the south ticket lobby where Air Canada and United occupy their permanent ticket counters. Southwest will be in their new south lobby location in mid-December after American moves to the north lobby. Completion of the entire ticket lobby is anticipated in the spring of 2016 when new historic airport timeline displays will also be revealed.|
Renovated ticket counters are taking shape in the north lobby where American will reside with Delta in early December. Passengers find their way to Delta’s ticketing area and Concourse C checkpoint through a hallway formed by construction walls, which will disappear in early fall.
|Crews are working to complete Baggage Claim renovations by the end of December, including the completion of modern restrooms and Baggage Service Offices. New window walls and accent lighting provide a bright, welcome-to-Columbus greeting for passengers.|
|In conjunction with terminal modernization, the airport invested $1.2 million to provide passengers with better internet access and faster speeds throughout the terminal. Upgrades are complete in all concourses, and the ticket lobby, baggage claim and curbside area should be finished late fall in time for the holiday travel rush.|
|Concourses A, B & C|
- If your company is interested in becoming involved with the Terminal Modernization Program, sign up for RSS feeds of bid opportunities.
- Visit the feedback area to provide comments or ask questions about the Port Columbus Terminal Moderrmization Program.